L&T Hydrocarbon Engineering undertakes turnkey construction of process plants for refineries, petrochemicals, fertilizers, chemical plants, gas-gathering stations, crude oil & gas terminals and strategic storage facilities including underground caverns and above ground facilities covering civil works, structural, piping, equipment, electrical & instrumentation erection and heavy lift.
Apart from construction for all the onshore projects executed by LTHE’s Onshore Vertical on lumpsum turnkey basis, we have also undertaken construction for several large projects.
- RIL J3 the third expansion wave of the world’s largest refining complex. We have played a major role in RIL J3 petrochemical complex in executing the world’s largest Pet Coke Gasification complex (PCG), the largest Ethylene Cracker (ROGC), and a Para-xylene unit (pX-04), whose addition has made RIL the world largest para-xylene producer. In addition there are downstream units such as Mono-ethylene Glycol (MEG), Low Density Poly Ethylene (LDPE) and some shutdown works in the mega refinery.
- We played a major role in construction works for 9 MMPTA zero-bottom grass field refinery complex at Bhatinda, set up by Hindustan Mittal Energy Limited (HMEL). Apart from execution of Hydrogen Generation Unit as an EPC Contract, we have carried out composite construction package for all mechanical and E&I works for 8 different units viz., VGO Unit, DHDT Unit, LPG Unit, MEROX Unit, MS Block Unit, FCC Unit, Delayed Coker Unit and Polypropylene Unit.
- We have supported Cairn Energy India Ltd., for the development of their oil & gas fields in Rajasthan by setting-up India’s largest Onshore Oil Processing Terminal (Spread over an area of two sq. km) and the cross-country pipeline to transport waxy crude from Barmer, Rajasthan to Bhogat, Gujarat, thereby changing the overall dynamics of crude oil production and import scenarios in India. The 650-Km- long, 24” –dia heated and insulated pipeline is the first-of-its kind in India and the longest in the world. Named as Rajasthan Northern Area Development Project, the project is spread over three distinct locations called Mangala Processing Terminal (MPT), Raageshwari Gas Terminal (RGT) and Thumbali (NR1) Water Field which are interconnected through pipelines and has oil producing capacity of 175,000 BOPD at their peak production rates contributing about 20% of India’s oil production.
- We have played a critical role in building the world’s largest refinery complex (Phase-I and Phase-II) at Jamnagar for Reliance Industries Ltd. In the Phase II, We were involved in erection of FCCU (Fluidised catalytic cracking unit), CFP (Clean fuel package), two units of CDU / VDU (crude / vacuum distillation unit), alkylation, coker, CPP, offsite & utilities. We also executed the refinery’s main control centre / plant operation building, with blast proof construction, and other buildings like the central administrative building, utility building.
- We have also commissioned state-of-the-art onshore gas processing terminal at Kakinada, the largest of its kind in India (800 MMSCFD).
- Mechanical construction works for BOROUGE 3 LDPE & P3B packages at Ruwais, Abu Dhabi Mechanical construction work for naphtha hydrotreater and reformer works for ENOC at Jebel Ali Free Trade Zone, Dubai
- Construction of BQ Station facilities, RDS-1 and 16’’ Transfer line (Package A) for ADCO (Abu Dhabi Company For Onshore Oil Operations)
- Storage tanks & terminal facilities (Phases 1, 2,3, 4, 5 & 6) at Sohar Industrial Port for Oiltanking Odfejell Terminals & Co. LLC
- Electromechanical construction work at 2 x 4.5 MTPA palletizing plant (Package-C) at Sohar for VALE International, Brazil Design & construction of civil works and mechanical erection work of desalination plant for Rural Area Electricity Company
- Mechanical erection works (Package-C) and electrical & instrumentation installation works (Package-D) for the Salalah IWPP power plant EPC of gas turbine power plant for Daleel Petroleum, oil fields including operation & maintenance for two years
- Construction of Lekhwair Gas Field Development Project for Petroleum Development Oman LLC (PDO)
- Construction of Saih Rawl Depletion Compression Phase II project for PDO
- Construction of Yibal 3rd Stage Depletion Project for PDO
- Construction of 3rd party Gas Interconnecting Facilities for Dolphin Energy at Ras Laffan,
- Construction of Export Gas Compression Facilities upgrade project for Dolphin Energy Limited
- Mechanical construction works for liquid processing unit of Pearl GTL Project at Ras Laffan, for QP Shell
- Ras Tanura Integrated Projects - Construction of Polyethylene trains 1, 2,4 (Solution Polyethylene & Speciality Elastomers) for Sadara Chemical Company (JV of Saudi Aramco & Dow Chemicals), Al Jubail
- Electro-mechanical construction work for Saudi Aramco TOTAL Refining and Petrochemical Company (JERP 5 B-Plant Utilities)
- Silo steel structure erection work at Saudi Kayan (SABIC) polycarbonate project
- EPCC of new aviation fuel terminal and pipelines project for KAFCO
- Construction of gas gathering station for Kuwait Oil Company (KOC)
- Plant construction works for effluent treatment facility / early production facility projects in Kuwait for KNPC & KOC respectively
- Construction sub-contract packages for CMEI works for effluent water & seawater injection project of Kuwait Oil Company
- Melaka Group 3 (MG3) base lube oil plant for Petronas
- Synthesis gas reformer for Petronas
- EPC of pure soda ash plant for Magadi Soda Company in Kenya
- Construction of onshore gas plant for Songas Limited Tanzania